Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Oh What a Beautiful Day

     Plenty of sunshine coming my way...... I told Bill when Dave went to take this picture of us to "act like he likes me".  It sure looks like he does!


Another beach picture.  I love the sea oats and the storm fences.




     I haven't been up on my blogging as I had a short but unexpected hospital stay.  A scary experience and I'm still on medication to get everything back to normal.  God is so good though, and I do believe that He has opened my eyes even more when it comes to the blessings He bestows upon us.

     Bill also had a slight incident a couple of weeks ago, and after some tests and all, it has been discovered that he needs surgery on the left carotid artery.  He sees the surgeon on the 25th., and will find out the date of the surgery then.

     I've been enjoying the SAL  "I Am A Stitcher".  Love the colors in it and the hand dyed fabric I chose is so perfect for it.  Accomplished so far in ten hours is this below.


By the way, this is a fabric from "Under the Sea Fabrics".  I have never been disappointed with any of the fabrics I've ordered from Leslie.  Beautiful color combinations.  This one is called, burnt bronze and is 16 count Aida.  I'm loving the project.

     I have enjoyed watching our dill plants come to head, and I just have to show you this beautiful picture.  I have used these in flower arrangements, but also let some heads dry so I can use the seeds in my cooking.  Just look at the beautiful greens here though.


     The Monarda, "Bee Balm" has multiplied as it does and it has done real well this season.  I just added the pink to the red this spring, so next year it should blend right in.


     One last picture for all of my "stitchy sisters".  I thought this was so neat when I saw it, and just have to share it.  I just think it's so amazing how no matter what color we're stitching with, that it seems to come to life once those stitches are in the fabric.  That's when we really appreciate them.


Need to let all of you, my dear friends and followers go for this morning.  Thank you for stopping
in and come back again soon.  In the meantime, stay safe and well and don't forget to "feel the colors".

11 comments:

  1. I love that picture! I just want to stitch right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go for it girlfriend. Pick up that needle and stitch away!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photo of you both... you look so happy.
    I love your other photo's too.... your SAL stitch looks interesting :)
    Oooh lots of color.... happy colors :)
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacquie! We are happy indeed and we have a lot of fun together. If you go to I am a Stitcher SAL 2014 on Facebook, you'll see several of the "I Am A Stitcher" pieces. Many different colors choices. It's been a fun stitch.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos of you both..so pretty and so sweet..
    Beautiful stitching..
    Big hugs for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Thank you Cucki. You're so sweet. Hugs back at you girl!

      Delete
  4. Thank you Rachel. We've had some pretty things bloom this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray for a Godly quick recovery. Rest in Him. I am praying for your Husband too....take care of each other and God will do the rest. Your garden is lovely. And I can't wait to see the blends next year. Your stitching is coming along most wonderfully too. Blessing my new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Michele, I thank you so much for your prayers. God is so good and I know He listens. Thank you so much also for stopping in. You have a happy and a blessed day my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes - - - there is something about colors that make us happy. I know my husband loves Purple and I can see the spark in his eyes when he finds something purple. I learned from him that some people are really into their favorite colors.
    Beach pictures are nice too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...