Friday, December 18, 2015

Needling Away!

     Yeap! I've been doing the last of my Christmas shopping and in my spare time, I've been doing some knitting.  Enjoying a free pattern that I ran across.  My sister loves beret or slouchy style hats so thought I'd do up a couple for her for Christmas.  Here's the first, which is a free pattern.  It can actually be done up in an evening.  White goes with everything I'm told.


In the second one here, I decided to use a skein of ombre that I had.  My sister is so opposite from me when it comes to wearing colors.  You see her mostly in black, grays and dark blues.  So this hat will be a real challenge for her.  I did go with a dark ombre though.  Here's a picture after the blocking.  I decided to try it on, and I think she'll love the shape.  Oh my! That really is me with all those wrinkles! No make up either mind ya'll!



     Every year when this is all in bloom I have to thank a lovely lady I knew that is now in Heaven.  This was a piece from Miss Getty's cactus, and of all the cacti that I have had over the years, this is the one and only that has actually grown and bloomed each year.  Thank you once again Miss Getty.



A lovely surprise gift that I received in the mail several days ago.  I love the ornament and the stitching is beautifully done.  You know who you are, and thank you once again.


     Oh! I don't know how may of you are familiar with this salad dressing, but we had it for the first time when we were in Georgia a couple of weeks ago.  It is sooooo good.  Make your salad first and use this like you would a Ceasar dressing.  Add it to the salad and toss.  This jar came home with us, so I'll be watching for it up here when I shop.


     One more thing and for sure and I can't not post this.  So many of you, my dear friends and followers have kept me in prayer due to my platelet disorder, ITP.  When it was first discovered, my platelets were at 700.  I was told that if I hadn't gone to the emergency room that day, that I would have died by the following day.  It has been a roller coaster ride for nearly a year and a half and I was expected to live no longer than a couple to three weeks when they let me go home after a 44 day hospital stay.  Well yesterday, I had my blood work done, and for the first time since I became sick, my platelets are actually within the normal range.  Normal is 130,000 to 400,000 and yesterday we found out that I am at 188,000! So all my thanks to each and every one of you.  I'm doing real well and so much of it has to do with your thoughts and prayers.

     Now until next post......Ya'll stay warm, well, and happy.  Love each and every one of you and "Don't forget to feel the colors!"

6 comments:

  1. My dear such a lovely post..I love your knitting so much.
    The flowers are so beautiful and cute ornament is a darling like you.
    Merry Christmas..big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats that's such great news! The hat looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats good news, such a lovely post love the hat and the ornament .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the knitted hats and cactus, your sister will be happy with them I'm sure. Very Happy news about the platelet count. God is good. Have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Very Merry Christmas and and a creative 2016, Sunny greetings from New Orleans, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You for sharing your article, This is an interesting & informative blog. It is very useful for the developer like me.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...