Friday, January 8, 2016

Quick Gifts 1

Knitted Coasters.

You can knit up at least four of these in an hour.  I've given many as a gift and people love them.  They're about four inches around using a size J crochet hook.


Any worsted weight yarn
J hook (5.5 mm)
Large Eye Needle


Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as first DC), 11 DC in 3rd ch from hook. Join with sl st to top of ch 3. (12 DC)

Round 2: Ch 2 (counts as first DC), DC in same stitch, 2 DC in each stitch around. Join with sl st to top of Ch 2. (24 DC)

Round 3: Ch 2 (counts of first DC), DC in same stitch, DC in next stitch, *2 DC in next stitch, DC in next stitch* around. Join with sl st to top of Ch 2. Fasten off and weave in ends.



Easy Peasy! :) Experiment with different yarns! The possibilities are endless!

Here are the four that I just made.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...