Monday, December 4, 2017

So Far Behind

     Yes.  Seems I'm so far behind in so many things.  My stitching.  Christmas shopping.  Birthday cards.  Gardening care.  My blogging as well.  So sorry my dear friends, but I guess for the most part, everyone gets busy and starts running behind this time of year.  It's just that some catch up better than others.  I'm one of the others! Old and slow! LOL

     As usual, for some reason, I wait until November and December, to start Christmas mittens, hats and scarves.  I won't be posting pictures this time around though of anything that I've made or that I'm working on.  I figured that if I stopped to take a few shots, I wouldn't get back to my post, and I'd put this off another few days.  I do want to say though, that I've made a couple of crocheted hats, a couple of knitted scarves and am working on some wrist warmers now.  Just fun easy projects but oh so appreciated when received.  I will post pictures next time.

     I've been doing some decorating of the house as well.  Getting into the country, farmy primitive type things and so love the new looks.  Sofa pillows, quilts, baskets, an old kerosene stove all painted up with lights inside.  A couple of new lamps.  Enjoying the new look so much, and Hobby Lobby loves seeing me walk in! LOL Again.  Pictures will come later.  I just want to make this post as newsy as possible.

     Still getting lots of exercise and walking and hiking in.  Preparing for our Appalachian Trail trip next year.  I've been dehydrating foods of all kinds and really having fun learning so many new things about the process.  Even with as much as I'm doing though food wise, I know that our stomachs will be growling and we'll be looking for a good place to get off the trail and eat every so often.  We know though that there will be good days and bad on the trail, and we're ready for both.

     My little Isaiah Allen, my great grand is due any time now, and I hope to make a trip up to NH when he comes.  This little one is going to be so loved, but aren't they all! I'll be flying up when the time comes, and I'm so very afraid of flying.  I keep telling myself that it's a fear that I have to get over...........but is it I wonder.........I can always drive! I want to get in as much visiting time that I can though this time, so a flight will be the thing.

     Speaking of dehydrating foods! For those of you with dogs.  I dehydrate sweet potatoes for our fur baby, Riley for treats.  He just as soon have that than something not nearly as good for him.  You can also dehydrate green beans, canned tuna or chicken and bananas as well.  Nice little gifts of canning jars with these treats in them for our friend's dogs are in my future I think.

     I'll let ya'll go for this time around.  Sorry that there isn't any pictures but the one below.  I pray that ya'll are well and looking forward to family and friends during the upcoming Christmas season.  Until next time, don't forget to "feel the colors".

   

6 comments:

  1. Hi Linda Lee! So glad you posted. We have missed you very much. Happy you have been busy getting ready for the holidays and all fun things. Looking forward to photos. I bet you are so excited about your great grand coming...what a wonderful blessing. And you are preparing well for your very big hike...it will be such an accomplishment and we will be so proud of you. Please stop by when you can...we have lots of things to show you since you have been gone. Glad you are back. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are keeping busy; happy to see your post today. Looking forward to seeing your knit/crochet gifts! Will you be hiking the entire Appalachian Trial? One of the local girls here did it in 2016. I look forward to seeing picture of your new décor especially the painted kerosene stove with lights. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very busy!
    I hope you enjoy your time with the Grand-Baby.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just posted the same type of post this morning. It's crazy busy here in our household too. Glad to hear you are getting things done though. Good luck getting everything done you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have missed you and so happy to see you post, even if you don't have any stitching to show!:) How exciting about the new grandbaby, you have to make the flight!! I missed out on so many trips because I didn't fly but now with the help of a tranqualizer I can fly and boy, I'm so glad I do!! Ask your doctor about one, so much easier and safer than driving. I hope things slow down for you a bit so you can relax and enjoy the holiday. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!

    I'm visiting you from Butterfly Wings blog. Your multicoloured photo caught my eye!
    I know exactly what you mean about falling behind at this time of year. I've been going to write my Christmas cards since the end of October but still ended up doing them this morning. I think your gifts sound lovely - warm things are in demand in cold weather.
    Your trip sounds very exciting!
    You're now one follower nearer to 100!
    Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...